PLAYRIGHT DISTRIBUTES OVER 400,000€ IN INTERNATIONAL NEIGHBOURING RIGHTS
Today PlayRight has distributed international neighbouring rights for music and audiovisual recordings among its affiliated artists. The corresponding amounts will be transferred to their accounts over the coming five business days.
What are international rights?
Any artists who affiliates himself with PlayRight, has the option to grant a worldwide mandate in his contract. Based on agreements with our sister societies abroad, we receive information on how the repertoire of our artists is used in over 40 countries. This allows us to collect the retributions accordingly.
Neighbouring rights coming from abroad are calculated according to the rules of the local collecting society. PlayRight does check the quality of their data in detail and handles the payment of all calculated rights once received.
What is this distribution based on?
A distributions of international rights can contain several reference years, for music and/or audio-visual recordings. This particular distribution of international rights handles following territories and reference years:
PlayRight takes a 5% fee from the amount of international rights collected after 1 December 2016, as do collection societies abroad.
In August 2018 we will perform a second international distribution. Check here for our distribution calendar and information on this year’s deadlines.
Contact your account manager or send an email to . You can also consult the frequently asked questions here:
- IN WHICH COUNTRIES IS PLAYRIGHT ENTITLED TO COLLECT NEIGHBOURING RIGHTS ON BEHALF OF ITS MEMBERS?
- WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY REPERTOIRE HAS BEEN BROADCAST ABROAD?
- HOW ARE THESE INTERNATIONAL RIGHTS CLAIMED AND DISTRIBUTED?
- WHEN WILL MY REPERTOIRE GENERATE RIGHTS ABROAD?
- HOW TO ADJUST MY AFFILIATION CONTRACT?
- WHAT IS A “CONFLICT” CAUSED BY THE AFFILIATION TO SEVERAL SISTER SOCIETIES?
- WHAT ABOUT ANY FOREIGN RECORDINGS I WAS INVOLVED IN?
- AND WHAT ABOUT MY TAX SITUATION IF I HAPPEN TO LIVE ABROAD?