PlayRight + offers a grant to independent filmmakers who, as part of their short film project, give a fair remuneration to their actors.
To apply for support as a filmmaker, you need to:
- Hire an actor through an official employment contract, or an invoice if the actor is self-employed. The salary scales to be respected are relative to the Parity Convention 227.
- Submit a full application to PlayRight+ by the deadline.
How to apply?
Write a cover letter in which you explain your short film project, joining the following documents:
- A copy of the scenario
- A summary of your budget for the short film
- A copy of the work contract proposed to the actor (or to the actor who performs the dubbing)
- The curriculum vitae of the actor for which you are applying
- An overview of the entire cast
Send these documents by email to the following address:
When should I submit an application?
- You can submit your application by March 31st or by September 30th.
- Your request will be processed within 60 days.
What kind of support are we talking about?
- In case of a positive evaluation of your application, PlayRight+ will support 50% of one actor’s wages for your short film project.
- Only one grant can be awarded per film project.
- You can apply once for this actor’s grant.
- Only fictional projects are accepted (not documentaries).