Apply for a grant to produce a music video or live session
May 25 2023
PlayRight+ and Sabam for Culture recognize the tremendous growth of visual content in the music industry and are therefore joining forces to offer you a grant to record a music video or live session. The grant covers 50% of the production costs, up to a maximum of 1,500 euros for your music video or live session.
Who can apply for this grant?
To receive the full grant, you must meet following criteria:
- All of the authors and/or composers of the musical work of the music video or live session must be members of Sabam;
- All of the main artists of the project must be members of PlayRight.
If any of these conditions are not met, only 50% of the amount can be granted to your project.
What costs does the grant cover?
- 50% van de gemaakte kosten, direct gerelateerd aan de productie en de opname van de videoclip of livesessie, tot een maximumbedrag van 1.500 euro excl. btw:
- remuneration of the actors, director or scriptwriter
- Catering costs will not be considered.
- Any band or artist can claim the grant once every 2 years.
- Your application must be submitted 1 month before recording the music video.
- You must have an external partner doing the promo for your music video or live session (for example, a label, media partner or press agent).
- To receive the full grant, it must be an original song (not a cover/arrangement) from the Sabam repertoire. If it is a cover, only 50% of the grant can be awarded to your project.
- You hire a director, scriptwriter or production company to direct or produce the music video. This is not a requirement for the production of a live session.
- The PlayRight+ and Sabam for Culture logos are displayed at the beginning or end of the music video or live session and the support is mentioned in the accompanying text.
- Your music video or live session respects the values that Sabam for Culture and PlayRight defend, such as gender equality, the Declaration of Human Rights, and the rights of people belonging to national or ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities.
- Please note: this grant cannot be combined with the following Sabam grants: grant for the promotion of self-produced records for the same work and/or with the development grant for a publisher for the same album or single.
- All communications about the music video should mention “Powered by Sabam” or #poweredbysabam and “Supported by PlayRight” or #SupportedByPlayRight.
What does my application contain?
- The concept of the music video or live session.
- The budget, detailing all costs excluding VAT, including third-party support or grants.
- The invoice or contract from the third-party partner handling the promo.
- The full names of the author and/or composer and all key artists involved in the project.
- A list of who will be involved in the audiovisual production.
- Your promotional plan (period of distribution of the video and potential partners).
How will my application be evaluated?
We will evaluate your application based on the above criteria. The grants are awarded within the limits of the available budget. PlayRight+ and Sabam for Culture reserve the right to disregard certain cost elements and refuse applications if they do not meet the criteria or regulations of the PlayRight and Sabam cultural fund.
- Payment is made after verification of supporting documents excluding VAT regarding the costs listed in your budget.
- Payment is made after the music video or live session is broadcast.
- The support is paid to the party who bears the costs.
You can apply for this grant from 15 June onwards.