REMINDER: Benefit from the PlayRight+ emergency fund by submitting your request now!
September 4 2020
You’ve sure known for a long time that PlayRight has set up an emergency fund for its affiliated performing artists a few months ago, and that this emergency fund has now been extended during the summer months. We remind you of the conditions that have to be met to apply for and benefit from this fund, and of the upcoming deadlines!
In March 2020, PlayRight established the PlayRight+ emergency fund, intended to support performing artists who have been heavily affected by the measures taken to fight against Covid-19. An enormous number of applications were submitted immediately, and in view of the current situation, the emergency fund was therefore extended during July and August. This way, the fund aims to provide a partial compensation for the loss of your income, due to the cancellation of your activities as a performing artist in Belgium.
To apply and benefit from the emergency fund, you must meet all of the conditions mentioned below and send us the completed form (see link):
- You were affiliated with PlayRight (or have requested affiliation) on March 14th 2020 at the latest,
- You have taken part in at least three recordings. These recordings must have been declared to PlayRight before you submit a request for support (to declare your recordings, log in to your online portal),
- During the month for which you are requesting a support, one or more assignments as a performing artist in Belgium were cancelled due to COVID-19: recording projects (studio, short film, feature film, TV production, dubbing, post-synchronisation), concerts, theatre, dance – circus or variety shows. We ask you to provide proof of all cancellations,
- Between March and September 2020, you are not bound to an employer by an employment contract covering at least the entire period in question, including civil servants, teachers, etc.,
- For the month for which you request a support, you do not benefit from a replacement income provided by a public authority (a pension, a full unemployment benefit or a transition allowance for the self-employed), which exceeds:
– 1.342,12€ gross/month for cohabitants with family responsibilities
– 1.099,54€ gross/month for singles
– 1.062,36€ gross/month for cohabitants without family responsibilities
You have until Sunday, September 13that the latest to submit a request and benefit from the fund for cancellations of your performances which were to take place in August 2020 in Belgium. Once your request has been submitted, it will be analysed by our team and we will contact you as soon as possible to request additional documents or information, if needed, or to inform you on the outcome of your application.