Grant for the realisation of a short film
September 27 2023
PlayRight is launching a second individual grant to support performers in the audiovisual sector! This new individual grant aims to support short film projects that pay their actors and the musicians on the soundtracks a fair wage. PlayRight+ will reimburse half of the production costs, up to a maximum of 1,500 euros for your short film project!
Who is eligible for this grant?
To receive the grant, all lead actors in the short-film project must be members of PlayRight.
What does this grant cover?
50% of the costs incurred directly related to the production and shooting of the short film, up to a maximum of €1,500 excluding VAT:
- remuneration of actors
- remuneration of soundtrack musicians
Catering and promotional costs are not included.
What are the conditions?
- The application must be submitted before shooting begins.
- The story must be original and shot under professional conditions.
- The short film project is directed by a professional director and has a producer.
- Performers are remunerated on the basis of an employment contract or an invoice drawn up by an independent party. The pay scales to be observed depend on the PC227.
- The message of the short film should not conflict with our values, such as the principle of non-discrimination based on gender, nationality, race, religion, language, etc.
- The PlayRight+ logo should appear at the beginning or at the end of the short film.
- The support of PlayRight+ will be mentioned in all communications and promotion of the short film by using “Supported by PlayRight” or #supportedbyplayright.
What should the application contain?
- Scheduled recording date.
- Copy of script.
- A detailed budget with all costs excluding VAT, including third-party support or subsidies.
- Copy of employment contract offered to performers.
- Contact details and CVs of the director, lead actors, and any producers.
- A promotion plan.
How will the application be assessed?
We will assess the application based on the above criteria. PlayRight+ reserves the right to disregard certain costs and refuse applications if they do not meet the criteria or PlayRight+‘s regulations.
How is the grant paid?
- After checking supporting documents, excluding VAT, relating to the costs listed in your budget.
- Following the release of the short film.
- It will be paid to the party bearing the cost.
Get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.