PlayRight has just distributed 17 million euros worth of neighbouring rights to artists both in Belgium and abroad!
PlayRight members were informed of the value of their rights of musical recordings played out during the years 2007 – 2009 via email (and in more detail via our users’ portal). International artists also, through claims made by one of our many sister societies worldwide, received their “piece of the pie” for this distribution.
This distribution signifies that, for both music and audiovisual recordings, we can now confirm that all rights relative for the years beginning 1996 up until 2009 have been distributed.
Counting this distribution, over 84 million euros worth of rights have been distributed since 2010; when a new team came to the table, and the formation of PlayRight came into being. We intend to continue on this trajectory so that, between now and 2016-2017, all outstanding rights have been paid out.
The next distributions on the agenda for the 2nd half of 2015 are as follows:
- Musical recordings– Reference year 2014: First distribution
- Classical recordings– Reference year 2012: First distribution
- Classical recordings– Reference year 2013: First distribution
- Classical recordings– Reference year 2014: First distribution
- International rights: Transferred to artists affiliated with PlayRight.