Why you, too, should become a PlayRight associate (and how to)
February 25 2020
you like to play an active role within your collecting society and help decide
on your rights and revenues? As a PlayRight associate you can! We concisely
list all the benefits and how you can quickly become an associate!
As the collecting society for the neighbouring rights
of performing artists, PlayRight collects, manages and distributes your rights,
but we also defend your interests and, therefore, your revenues. However,
PlayRight does not only commit itself to the affiliated performing artists;
those same performing artists form the beating heart of our collecting society.
Indeed, PlayRight is there for artists,
but also by artists.
Not only can you become a PlayRight member as performing artist, you can also become an
associate, that is, if you are able to proof that you have contributed to at
least three recordings that have been commercialised and/or broadcast (unless
you have already declared your repertoire).
are the benefits of being an associate?
As artists, we’re all in the same boat. That is why it
is so important that we should unite, so that we can make our collective voices
heard and set things in motion. Only this way we can fully defend our rights.
Together we stand strong!
As an associate you are committed to your collecting
society and defending your rights. In other words, you are at the helm of our
organisation. And that brings a lot of benefits. As an associate:
- you play an active role within PlayRight by introducing ideas and making decisions yourself;
- you can first-hand follow all the latest developments;
- you gain an insight into how rights are collected and distributed;
- you are allowed to participate in the General Assembly;
- you may appoint the directors of the group to which you belong (Music or Dramatic Art and Dance, depending on your main activity);
- you have the opportunity to express your opinion and vote on proposed changes to the Statutes and the General Regulations;
- you can apply to become a director yourself and sit in the PlayRight Board of Directors (during the next General Assembly).
convinced. But how do I become an associate?
In five simple steps you can now become a PlayRight associate. The only
condition is that you are a performing
artist (musician, actor, dancer, variety or circus artist) and have
participated in the execution of at least three recording.
- Not a PlayRight member yet? Firstly, join as a member and sign the membership form, which you then send to email@example.com. If you are already affiliated, then you can skip this first step.
- Make sure to verify whether you have yet participated in at least three recordings that generate neighbouring rights according to the law.
- Submit your application to become a shareholder through your online portal. Log in, go to “Details” (left column) and click on “Shareholder”(upper right).
- Once your Account Manager confirms that you meet the requirements, you will receive a communication to invite you to pay the one-off share of 49.57€.
- Please do so before the deadline: 6 June 2020 so you’ll be allowed to come to the General Assembly in September 2020!
let’s defend your rights, so you can receive a fair compensation for the use of