How to become a PlayRight shareholder?
Artists can choose between two statuses:
Ordinary member/ affiliate
if you opt for this particular status, PlayRight will collect and pay the neighbouring rights ensuing from the use of your recording. This membership is free.
As a shareholder you receive the exact same service as an ordinary member but you can also play an active part in the decision-making process within PlayRight. As a shareholder, you can :
- Take part of the General Assembly where you can make your voice heard,
- Vote on any resolutions to amend the General Regulations and the Bylaws,
- Have a say in the appointment of the directors of the group you form part of (Music or Dramatic Arts and Dance, depending on your main activity),
- Apply to become a director of that group.
To become a shareholder, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must have taken part in at least three recordings that generate neighbouring rights according to the law,
- You must have signed the affiliation contract,
- You must have paid the one-off sum of € 49.57 to acquire a PlayRight share.
Request to become a Shareholder:
You can make your request via the PlayRight portal, click on the “details” menu and “Shareholder” tab to access the application form.