Receive my neighbouring rights

You can qualify for neighbouring rights in any of your artistic performances that have been recorded once they are exploited (broadcast, copied, made available to the public…).

To receive your neighbouring rights, two steps are required :

  • You must be affiliated to a collecting society that collects neighbouring rights for performing artists;
  • You must ensure that the collecting society knows which recordings you were involved in

To benefit from your neighbouring rights, you need to:

  • Become a member of a  collecting society;
  • Declare your repertoire to PlayRight ( your artistic performances that have been recorded)

In Belgium, producers (labels, record labels, film and television producers, radio and television stations…) are currently not obliged to notify PlayRight of who took part in which recording.  So, it is up to you to tell us which recordings you were involved in as soon as possible.

You can do so quickly and easily via your PlayRight portal where all our members can consult and keep their online file up to date.

Related content


Log in Become a member