How to join PlayRight as a member?
Becoming a member is simple. Here’s what you should do:
- Check if you are already a member of another collecting society under a “worldwide” contract. By joining several collecting societies you run the risk of having your rights frozen if the territories the various societies cover overlap.
- Print the membership form,
- Sign it and forward it to us by e-mail or by post.
It doesn’t cost anything to join PlayRight.
Good to know:
- Both adult and underage artists can join. Minors do have to list the name of their parent or guardian and the account number has to be in the name of the minor artist and has to be blocked until his/her majority (in accordance with Belgian law, here in French and here in Dutch),
- Also heirs of artists can join PlayRight even if the artist in question was never affiliated to PlayRight,
- At the time of joining, artists are also free to appoint a representative who ensures that their performances are declared or who will manage their file,
- You can also play an active part in the decision-making process within PlayRight by becoming a PlayRight Shareholder.